The village was first recorded in 1365. The wooden church celebrates its dedication day on „The Nativity of the Holy Mother”, (the same as the church from the hill). It was built in 1718 and is locally named ‘the wooden cathedral’ because of its dimensions and robustness. It is has a two level construction with two-tier roof, united into one above the apse, and a bell-tower with outwardly extended watch-tower and a shingled gallery.
Over the balcony of the tower, a flared spire rises ending with a simple cross with a half-moon at the bottom, as seen at many other wooden churches in the region.
The joints are perfectly dovetailed, while the brackets are elegantly rounded in three equal steps at their ends.
The frame of the entrance door is decorated with two lines of ’twisted ropes’ at its top. The side doorposts have at their bottom round-carved shapes that continue onto the front wall.
Unfortunately the original paintings from 1841 had not been preserved. The Iconostasis
has four levels separated by raised carved rows with portraits of the Saints. ”The Last Supper” is painted right above the Holy Door. The curved horizontal frames joined at their corners by open half arches are richly decorated and rather special.
Special attention should be paid to The Holy Doors decorated with vines, bunches of grapes and medallions placed in double archways with scenes from The Annunciation on the lower part, and The Evangelists, on the upper.
The church houses a valuable collection of wooden and glass icons and two chandeliers in the shape of the cross. On one chandelier an angel with two balls hanging from its arms is painted, while on the other is The Trinity, among decorative motifs, shoots, flowers and three bunches of grapes. There is also an antique wooden cross that IS painted on both sides.
The ironwork on the door is interesting. The long hinges are decorated with rhombuses and crosses.