The settlement was first mentioned in 1365. This wooden church, built in 1700, under the spiritual protection of its patron saint St Nicholas, distinguishes by its roundness provided by the pentagonal porch and large framework supported by beautifully carved brackets.
The curved roof perfectly enfolds the whole construction. The tall bell tower, has its parapet with fret-sawn hearts in decreasing steps.
The-balcony of the watchtower has side arcades skillfully carved that join the supporting pillars of the very flared square steeple. Towards the top the spire becomes round. On top the simple cross has a half-moon similar to that at the bottom of the cross.
The porch is polygonal and is bordered by a parapet decorated with fret-sawn hearts. On the same level with these arcades, the horizontal wooden boards are carved at their bottom in curved shags.
On the front side of the door Jesus’ face can be barely distinguished. Some other fragments of painting were covered by lime.
The mural painting in the pronaos and the nave has not been preserved. However in the
Sanctuary the paintings have been well preserved. The surface is divided with friezes and rectangles full of flower garlands, together with branches bearing apples and pears. Inside them there are medallions in baroque style. They picture bishops and Saints, scenes from The Old Testament with explanations in Slavonic. On the vault, The Trinity is framed in a square cross, on a background made up of sunrays. The frame is painted in the three colors of the Romanian national flag.
The lconostasis has two distinctive parts. The lower part was attached later. lt was carved on a wooden structure and decorated with floral patterns. The first level presents Veronica’s scarf on which Jesus’ face was imprinted. This picture is surrounded by eight icons, displaying scenes from the life of Jesus.
The second part of the lconostasis presents Jesus as High Priest accompanied by The Apostles, and grouped in fours standing as if under the arcades of the temple. On its sides are found the Jewish Prophets, in pairs, in medallions. They are decorated with wreaths and red flower garlands on a blue background. The last level presents Jesus crucified, on a background of rays that make up a bright circle.
The Holy Doors are very interesting. Their decorations take the shape of grape vines covered with grapes that join on the central line of the door in a floral bulb shape. The vines frame six medallion with The Annunciation at top, and The Evangelists at the bottom. This is a frequently used motif in this region.
Two series of wooden icons enrich this church. The oldest ones are painted on golden backgrounds decorated with flowers and with Slavonic inscriptions. These include „Jesus the Pantochrator”, ”Mary with the Holy Child”, „The Transfiguration”, “The Dormition of Our Lord’s Mother’, „The Three Saints”, „The Archangels Michael and Gabriel”, „St. Nicholas”, „St. George”, „St. Dumitru”. There are also some icons painted on glass in the church.