The settlement was first recorded in 1603. The wooden church was built in 1720. An example of the craftsmanship of the carpenters in the region of Chioar, the oak building has as its spiritual patrons „The Holy Archangels”.
The small rectangular structure has a disconnected apse and beams that support the simple roof. Two half-spires placed on the front side of the roof add to its beauty and greatness.
The bell-tower has a watchtower hidden by a fret-sawn parapet and decorated railing. The balcony has elaborately carved small arcades. The square curved spire protects the balcony and ends with a wrought iron cross adorned by the sun on its arms and by the half-moon on its top.
The porch has four tripled massive and beautifully carved supporting pillars, connected by a wedged corona and a parapet decorated with fret-sawn hearts at its bottom.
The arcade of the central pillars is separated by a carved cross and two solar rosettes. They beautifully complete the decorations of the porch as well as those on the braces and beams of the framework in the form of an old sickle blade.
The floor inside the church is a complete covering made up of big rectangular paving blocks that impose an atmosphere of durability and archaism.
The door between the pronaos and the nave has a framework made up of massive oaken four-folded pillars without decoration. They copy the tripled pillars of the porch.
The mural painting is painted directly on the wall. Only one scene is still visible, on the northern part of the nave. It can give us an idea about the manner in which the space was separated, namely in horizontal rows made up of rectangular and oval frames painted in light blue, red and yellow. Nowadays, these colors are rarely met with in other Maramures churches.
On the same wall, in the Sanctuary, we can see an interesting representation of a sun with human feature surrounded by wide rays, separated by a smaller three-colored Sun. On the vault of the Altar an exquisite image of a Cherub with sixteen wings framed in a rhombus is unique to this church.
In the apse, the Holy Table consists of two big stones. One stone serves as the base of the Altar, the other one is the support for The Tabernacle.