The village was first recorded in 1770. The wooden church is named after its patron saint, ”St. Paraschiva”(a saint from Moldavia), and was built in 1932 in the upper part of the village, on a hill, by the orthodox community. The craftsmen used beech beams, covered on the exterior by horizontal laths, except for the space around the windows, which are covered by vertical laths, creating the impression of access doors.
The structure has a small porch, covered by the extended front part of the bell-tower. The disconnected apse is pentagonal. The interior was divided into small equal surfaces, which were covered by vertical laths, with no paintings.
The roof is made of dovetailed shingles. The bell-tower has a hidden watch-tower with two small side openings in the upper part, and a larger one in the lower part. Above it there is a large conical spire, ending with a simple cross.
The painting on the walls was replaced by icons on plywood created by painter Pop Aurel from Baia Mare.
The Iconostasis is really, remarkable. It was brought from the old wooden-church from
Fauresti, which was demolished when a new church, made of stone, was built. The iconography of the Iconostasis is impressive and original because of the framing of surfaces from one tier to another. In the first row, one can see God Almighty at the symbolic axis, in the middle. Scenes from Christ’s Life are on each side in square frames, (except the ones on the sides, which are in rectangular frames), and include „The Last Supper”, and the Apostles, all between the arches of the church and make up the second row. The colonades of the church are decorated with bunches of grapes and cross-shaped ﬂower petals. The third row presents Jesus as Priest between the Prophets, on two rows; in square medallions in the lower row, and circular medallions (surrounded by rays of light), in the upper row.
The Iconostasis has not the usual upper tier picturing Jesus on the Cross and, but this does not affect the overwhelming impression of the assembly.